Australia has a lot of opportunities for both skilled and unskilled works. This is the reason that Australia appeals a high percentage of immigrants from all over the world. When comparing working conditions with other countries, Australia is unique in terms of employee experiences and employer responsibilities. Opportunities exist for professionals in IT industry, Banking, Hospitality sector, Medical services and many other professions. Even the mining and natural resources industry is experiencing a boom creating new opportunities.
To work in Australia applicants must be over 18 and under 45 years of age, with good English language ability, and recent skilled work experience. Permanent visa is for people with skills that are in demand in the Australian labour market. Applicants are not sponsored but must pass a points test. The current points needed are 65.
As per the government guidelines the applicants must:
- Be under 45 years of age;
- Nominate an occupation listed on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL);
- Have a competent level of English or vocational level of English if their nominated occupation is a trade;
- Have a positive skills assessment for their nominated occupation from a relevant assessing authority, and been employed for 12 out of the last 24 months in an occupation listed on the SOL;
- Meet the two-year study requirement in the last six months with qualifications closely related to the nominated occupation.